Posted: Sep. 28, 2018
TOP SECRET security clearance required. All Personnel in order to begin work will be required to complete the requirements for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access and complete a Counter-Intelligence polygraph (current Full Scope polygraph will also be accepted).
Do not apply for this job if you do not currently hold a TS security clearance.
Location: Charlottesville, VA
The contract specialist (CS) shall assist the contracting officer (CO) in planning, soliciting, awarding, administering, and closing contract actions. The CS shall interact with internal and external government and contract personnel, as required, to ensure all contract actions comply with relevant regulations, local policies, and directives. Specific tasking, includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Assist the CO and requirements owners with acquisition and source selection planning and documentation
- Assist requirements owners in the development of requirements documents such as the statement of work (SOW), statement of objectives (SOO), performance work statement (PWS), independent government cost estimate (IGCE), to name a few
- Prepare requests for proposal (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs)
- Select appropriate solicitation provisions and contract terms/conditions
- Review complex solicitations and prepare specialized and/or non-routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications
- Analyzes significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and federal policies and business unit procedure and communicates results
- Responsible for initiating, tracking and monitoring contract changes, deliverables, invoicing and payment, correspondence, risks and maintaining associated documentation
- Prepare and disseminate information including, but not limited to, contract status, compliance and modifications
- Performant cost and price analysis and prepare negotiation memorandum
- Cradle to Grave Contract Management Support
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or similar, with 24 semester hours in any combination of accounting, business, finance or contract law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, and quantitative methods
- Master’s degree is highly preferred
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Certification in Contracting Level 2 and/or Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) Level 2
- Broad knowledge of and exposure to all phases of contracts management and negotiation experience
- Experience with Government and Commercial type contracts or order
- Must be proficient in FAR/DFARs requirements
- Strong negotiation experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a team and as in individual contributor
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Working to expert knowledge of contracting concepts
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Reston, Virginia, iPower LLC is an SBA certified 8(a), woman-owned small business (WOSB) that provides first-class professional consulting services in a wide variety of disciplines. Since its founding, iPower has sustained stable growth by successfully supporting government and commercial clients in areas such as strategic planning, business process improvement, performance management, quality assurance, earned value management, enterprise support, project management and training services. iPower’s business consulting services are grounded upon government, industry and academia best practices and are offered within frameworks that include the CMMI Institute, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 and 20000, Six Sigma, the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and standards of the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), and IT Governance best practices.
iPower LLC offers a flexible work environment and competitive compensation packages including medical and dental insurance, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401K, short and long term disability and more!