Posted: Aug. 30, 2019
Clearance Requirements: Must be a U.S. Citizen; shall possess a minimum of an ACTIVE government TOP-SECRET clearance. If you do not meet this requirement do not apply.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Reston, Virginia, iPower LLC is an SBA certified woman-owned small business (WOSB) that provides first-class professional consulting services in a wide variety of disciplines. Since its founding, iPower has sustained stable growth by successfully supporting government and commercial clients in areas such as strategic planning, business process improvement, performance management, quality assurance, earned value management, enterprise support, project management and training services. iPower’s business consulting services are grounded upon government, industry and academia best practices and are offered within frameworks that include the CMMI Institute, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 and 20000, Six Sigma, the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and standards of the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), and IT Governance best practices.
iPower LLC offers a flexible work environment and competitive compensation packages including medical and dental insurance, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401K, short and long-term disability, employee life insurance, and more!
- Assess current Cybersecurity Strategy for relevance and alignment with the overall Systems Engineering activities;
- Assess current systems for alignment with the DoD biometric enterprise, National Information Exchange Model (NIEM), messaging standards (i.e., DoD Electronic Biometric Transmission Specifications (EBTS)), and international standards (i.e., ISO/IEC 24745);
- Analyze current systems and transactional trends to propose solutions to reduce Type 1 and Type 2 biometric errors;
- Conduct technical reviews of Iris Exchange (IREX), Face Recognition Vendor Test (FRVT), Multiple Biometric Evaluation (MBE), Face in Video Evaluation (FIVE), Multiple Biometric Grand Challenge (MBGC), and NIST Special Publications for applicability and make recommendations for all PM DoD Biometric systems;
- Analyze systems engineering Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs) deliverables from other contracts (e.g., System Integrator (SI));
- Analyze the overall effectiveness of SI engineering processes and delivered products with respect to achievement of project/product goals, requirements, and schedules;
- Conduct technical reviews of CDRL items and materials provided by the SI in support of technical reviews and audits;
- Conduct capacity planning to identify and recommend cost effective, optimized designs and configurations that balance functionality, scalability, performance, and transactional capacity against peak workload demands and continuity of operations requirements;
- Prepare key Systems Engineering documentation required for a DoD Acquisition Program in accordance with AR 70-1 and the DoD 5000 Series ;
- Conduct analysis and provide recommendations on complex engineering challenges with biometrics / forensics information technology systems in areas such as the use of cloud-based technology services, commercial off-the shelf product comparisons, or networking topology analysis to identify performance or security improvements
- Perform other Systems Engineering support, as directed by the Government.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical or scientific field such as engineering, physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, engineering technology, or computer science
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with deploying and sustaining large, or enterprise information systems
- Experience with Enterprise Biometric and Forensic solutions is required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have advanced knowledge and experience with using Microsoft Office suite
- Strong negotiation experience
- Must be able to work in a team and as in individual contributor
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Place of Performance:
- Fort Belvoir, VA