Posted: Sep. 22, 2020
Clearance Requirements: Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess an ACTIVE government SECRET clearance.
iPower is looking for a Senior DoD SATCOM Analyst to support the acquisition planning milestones for DoD biometrics networking and satellite communications solutions. The SATCOM Analyst must manage, develop, and present engineering plans and solutions that are in alignment with customer requirements. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and presenting quality technical documentation to support the designs and solutions to meet engineering requirements and DoD Acquisition Milestones for testing and fielding Biometrics system components.
- Work products include but are not limited to: formal decision briefs, presentations, technical plans, solutions studies, systems specifications, equipment operating procedures, schedules/timelines and cost estimates.
- Providing support for commercial and military satellite acquisition processes. An understanding of IP routing, switching and protocols, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Quality of Service (QoS), Voice and Data - T1/E1, Foreign Exchange Office (FXO), and installation, maintenance, and configuration of networks is required.
- Providing operations and maintenance support on the analysis of antenna controllers, Solid State Power Amplifier (SSPA), Low-Noise Amplifier (LNA)/ Low-Noise Block downconverter (LNB) , up and down converters, Fiber optic/Coax/Ethernet Cable, Frequency-division multiple access (FDMA) / Time division multiple access (TDMA) modems (satellite modems)
- Coordinating and supporting activities of technical sub-groups / Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), obtaining and providing reviews of technical designs and solutions through these IPTs and independently as needed
- Proactively ensuring that the needs and expectations of the customer are clearly defined in the technical requirements and validated with the customer, and that solutions meet all requirements
- Facilitating and ensuring reporting and communication of the above activities is provided to the Program Manager as required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical or scientific field such as engineering, engineering management, engineering technology, networking or computer science
- Minimum 5 years of DoD experience assisting DoD organizations in planning, testing, fielding of networks utilizing various satellite, wired, and other wireless technologies. An additional 7 years of stated experience / applied scientific work may be substituted for a degree.
- Experience with digital circuits or products, frequency synthesizers, amplifiers, transmitters and receivers, down converters, frequency multipliers, digital logic, demodulators, land mobile radio systems, satellite communications systems (SATCOM), commercial communication systems, Wi-Fi, cellular, tactical communications, down converters, filters, and antenna systems ranging from arrays to parabolic reflectors
- Must have excellent customer relationship, communications, presentation and writing skills
- Must have advanced knowledge and experience with using Microsoft Office suite; familiar with using SharePoint
- Experience in a broad array of biometric systems a plus
- Knowledge of DoD 5000 Series; Military Standard 881D; Army Regulation (AR) 70-1; and the Department of Defense Risk, Issue, and Opportunity Management Guide for Defense Acquisition Programs
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Reston, Virginia, iPower LLC offers a flexible work environment and competitive compensation packages including medical and dental insurance, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401K, short and long term disability, employee life insurance, and more!
Place of Performance:
- Fort Belvoir, Virginia