Posted: Jun. 29, 2020
OPPORTUNITY TO RELOCATE TO ALBEMARLE COUNTY, VA!
Consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in the U.S., Charlottesville and Albemarle County offer a unique living experience in a picturesque setting! Along the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, adventure awaits in the forms of hiking, biking, paddling and camping in the gorgeous great outdoors. Delight in the finest restaurants, attend area events, stroll the brick-lined Downtown Mall or taste fruits and vino at over 30 local orchards and vineyards.
TOP SECRET security clearance required. All selected candidates will be required to complete the requirements for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access and complete a Counter-Intelligence polygraph (current Full Scope polygraph will also be accepted) prior to employment.
Please do not apply for this job if you do not currently hold a TOP Secret security clearance.
iPower is looking for a contract specialist to assist in planning, soliciting, awarding, administering, and closing contract actions for a government agency. The CS will ensure all contract actions comply with relevant regulations, local policies, and directives. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with acquisition and source selection planning and documentation
- Assist in the development of requirements documents such as statement of work, statement of objectives, performance work statements, independent government cost estimate, justification and approval, and unique requirement-specific documents
- Prepare requests for proposal and requests for information
- Select appropriate solicitation provisions and contract terms/conditions
- Conduct and document market research
- Prepare determinations and findings, waivers, and memorandums
- Perform cost and price analyses and prepare negotiation memorandums
- Assist in contract termination and contract closeout
- Prepare contract solicitations, awards, and modifications
- Bachelor’s degree with 24 semester hours in any combination of accounting, business finance or contract law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing or quantitative methods.
- Minimum 6 years of experience performing contract administration functions
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification in Contracting Level 2 or Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting Level 2 or industry equivalent (documentation required)
- Broad knowledge of and exposure to all phases of contracts management and negotiation experience.
- Experience with Government and/or Commercial type contracts or orders
- Must have a working knowledge of FAR or DFARS, and Federal Appropriations Law
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Reston, Virginia, iPower LLC offers a flexible work environment and competitive compensation packages including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401K, short and long term disability, employee life insurance, and more!