Posted: Oct. 25, 2019
Clearance Requirements: Must be a U.S. Citizen; shall possess a minimum of an ACTIVE government TOP-SECRET clearance. If you do not meet this requirement do not apply.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Reston, Virginia, iPower LLC is an SBA certified woman-owned small business (WOSB) that provides first-class professional consulting services in a wide variety of disciplines. Since its founding, iPower has sustained stable growth by successfully supporting government and commercial clients in areas such as strategic planning, business process improvement, performance management, quality assurance, earned value management, enterprise support, project management and training services. iPower’s business consulting services are grounded upon government, industry and academia best practices and are offered within frameworks that include the CMMI Institute, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 and 20000, Six Sigma, the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and standards of the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), and IT Governance best practices.
iPower LLC offers a flexible work environment and competitive compensation packages including medical and dental insurance, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401K, short and long-term disability, employee life insurance, and more!
Duties will involve adapting and adopting/recommending new hardware; assessing/improving interfaces to other systems; and recommending and evaluating system design, acceptance and maintenance, especially of software to include monitoring various Government contractor software developers’ effort; reviewing code; participating in the review of software code and correction of software errors. In addition, participate and oversee system testing and validation procedures.
Responsibilities will include:
- Setting up and utilizing DI2E Developer Collaboration tools
- Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces
- Directing system testing and validation procedures
- Directing software programming and documentation development
- Consulting with departments or customers on project status and proposals
- Working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system
- Consulting with engineering staff to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements
- Designing and developing software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences
- Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status
- Conferring with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree
- Understanding of Defense Intelligence Information Enterprise (DI2E) Developer Collaboration Tools
- Experience with biometrics systems and applications a plus
- Desire to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications
- Preferred full-stack developer and someone who has a understanding of the concepts of software engineering
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects
- Deep programming language knowledge
Place of Performance:
- Fort Belvoir, VA